- Identifying and addressing structural barriers to Black achievement and wellbeing.
- Raise awareness of the disparities experienced by ACB communities that limit their access to sustainable livelihoods.
- Network and collaborate to bring together culturally diverse Black peoples and communities in addressing shared goals and outcomes.
- Connecting individuals and resources necessary to achieve and maintain equity.
- Building on the work and labour of Black and racialized communities in the region.
- Acknowledging that there is a uniqueness and specificity to the expressions and experiences of anti-Black racism in Canada.
- Applying a critical social justice, decolonial, and collectivist approach to our work.
- Acknowledging that being Black is a politicized identity deeply entrenched in a long history of community mobilizing.
- Acknowledging the cultural, gender, and sexual diversity within our communities.